Last updated on January 30th, 2020
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as getting an outstanding night’s sleep. And your pillow, like your bedding, is a huge part of getting great ZZZs. You may have heard buzz about the Essence of Bamboo pillow. But is it the right pillow for you?
Here’s a look at everything you need to know about the Essence of Bamboo pillow, its pros and cons, as well as specific ways this product helps you get the great night of sleep you desperately want.
Essence of Bamboo Pillow
The Pros and Cons
As you can imagine, buying a new pillow is an incredibly personal decision. Some consumers prefer soft; others like firm. Some want a flatter pillow, while others desire thickness.
With that in mind, here’s a look at this product’s pros and cons with some insights drawn from common Essence of Bamboo pillow reviews:
- Fighting Off Allergies: The Bamboo Essence pillow is hypoallergenic, which means it can prevent you from sneezing at night during peak allergy seasons.
- Better Than Down: Down pillows are thought to be the most desirable. But down pillows require fluffing, and they often go flat. The Bamboo Essence pillow never needs fluffing, and it’s great at maintaining shape.
- Advanced Design: Poorly designed pillows can lead to long nights of restlessness. Not so with the Essence of Bamboo pillow, whose advanced fiber technology actively prevents tossing and turning.
- Too Flat and Too Soft (For Some): As noted, different consumers have different ideas of how the perfect pillow should look and feel. Those who prefer thicker and firmer should stay away from the Essence of Bamboo pillow.
- The Breaking-In Period: The Essence of Bamboo pillow requires a brief breaking-in period. Some sleepers want their pillows ready to go right out of the box — but that’s not what you get with Bamboo Essence.
- Careful When Cleaning: The Essence of Bamboo pillow comes with cleaning instructions, which is great. But some dryers get it a little too hot, which can lead to the pillow expanding in size and getting a little too puffy.
Looking for the best bamboo pilow? Check out the Editor’s Choice
Features and Specs
The Essence of Bamboo pillow is the size of a standard queen pillow — 20 x 28 inches. What surprises some is the weight. The Essence of Bamboo pillow weighs just 1.85 pounds, which feels insubstantial to those used to heavier, down pillows.
The pillow itself is filled with a down alternative, helping the pillow keep its shape to prevent tossing and turning. The advanced bamboo cover actually reflects body heat, so you also get a cool-like-the-other-side-of-the-pillow feeling all night long.
The Essence of Bamboo pillow is versatile, too. While some sleep products are designed specifically for back or stomach or side sleepers, this pillow is perfect no matter what position you prefer.
Versatility and Sleeping Positions: The Benefits of the Bamboo Essence Pillow
The versatility of the Essence of Bamboo pillow makes it an interesting product. Yes, it’s a good option for back, side and stomach sleepers, which means it’s great for you no matter how you like to sleep.
But there’s an added benefit to this type of versatility: The Bamboo Essence pillow is perfect for guest rooms. Think about it: You need a pillow that various people will use, and you want a hypoallergenic option that fights mites and mildew.
Why not choose the Essence of Bamboo pillow? It checks all the boxes when you’re looking for the right bedding for a guest room.
Essence of Bamboo Pillow Reviews: What Do Users Say?
It’s nearly impossible to find a pillow with uniformly positive reviews. Such is the nature of humans with different sleeping preferences. And the Essence of Bamboo pillow is no different.
You’ll find glowing Essence of Bamboo pillow reviews that call it “fabulous” and that users have “already recommended it”. Other Essence of Bamboo pillow reviews call it “perfect”, suggesting it offers “the right amount of firm and soft.”
The negative Essence of Bamboo pillow reviews align with the cons mentioned above, including that it is “too soft”, “flat” and that it offers “zero support”.
User Guide: How to Wash and Maintain Your Essence of Bamboo Pillow
IYou’ll want to know that the Bamboo Essence pillow is machine washable. Made of polyester fiber, polyester and rayon made from bamboo, the Bamboo Essence pillow drops right in the washer.
Just be careful about drying it at too high a temperature. The pillow itself can enlarge and grow puffy when exposed to heat for extended periods. It’s better to simply tumble for a short period and then set out to dry completely.
Want to learn more? 5 Highest Rated Bamboo Pillows for 2018
Should You Buy the Essence of Bamboo Pillow?
Should you buy this product? As evidenced by the Essence of Bamboo pillow reviews, pillows are highly personal investments that are prone to very subjective reviews.
Just take note that the Bamboo Essence pillow is a high-quality product IF you’re looking for something flatter and softer. In fact, given this pillow is hypoallergenic and relatively inexpensive, it’s one of the best values on the market.
Just be sure that it offers the type of size, shape and firmness you’re looking for.
Is This The Right Pillow for You?
A night of sleep is too often disrupted by allergies, by tossing and turning, and by a thermostat that’s not turned down enough — especially in summertime.
And the Essence of Bamboo pillow responds directly to each of those disruptions.
The Bamboo Essence pillow is hypoallergenic, its advanced design is aimed at preventing tossing and turning, and its bamboo cover keeps you nice and cool.
If this sounds like the right pillow for you, check it out here